Lifelong learning, in my opinion, is the key to success. That is why I am constantly looking for new ways to improve my skills. I’ve probably tried every online learning platform out there by now, and today I’ll discuss one of my favorites, Skillshare.
In this review, I’ll talk about my Skillshare experience in 2021. I’ve been a member of Skillshare for more than three years and really enjoy it. I took a lot of classes over the last few years, and they were well worth my time and money.
However, I recognize that Skillshare may not be suitable for everyone. There are advantages and disadvantages, which I will discuss today. I’ll also go over some of Skillshare’s key features and highlight some areas where it could be better. Keep reading if you want to learn new skills, because by the end of this article, you should know whether Skillshare is a good fit for you. I’ll also include a link to a Skillshare free trial as a bonus.
Review of Skillshare
Skillshare is an excellent learning platform that provides excellent value. Unlimited access to over 27,000 classes is available for $32/m or $168/y. You can join for free or try it out for free. Learning is simple and fun in classes, workshops, and LIVE. Skillshare is a platform for learning and improving skills.
Pros of Skillshare
- You can get unlimited access to thousands of courses for only $14 per month. There is nothing like it on any other online learning platform.
- Skillshare offers over 27,000 courses in a variety of topics. You gain a lot of knowledge.
- You can try Skillshare for free for 30 days before committing to a subscription.
- Even though some classes are of poor quality, there are still many excellent options.
- The majority of courses include a project, which I believe makes learning more effective and enjoyable.
- You can learn at your own pace because the courses are divided into short lessons.
- You can learn on the go with the Skillshare app.
- The video quality on Skillshare is usually at least 720p or HD.
- Many of the classes are taught by top experts in their fields, while others are taught by celebrities.
- Free access to workshops and live sessions is included with Skillshare Premium membership.
Skillshare Drawbacks: What I Don’t Like About It
- When you finish a course on Skillshare, you will not receive a certificate. So instead of a piece of paper, you’ll get “just” knowledge and skills. Although I am unconcerned about the fact that it is not a “real” education, some people who are considering joining the platform are.
- Some Skillshare classes are no longer available. Check out what other people have said about the class and when it was added.
- You will be charged a monthly or yearly fee if you forget to cancel the free trial. So, if you don’t intend to use the service after the trial period ends, cancel your subscription.
- Many people are initially enthusiastic about Skillshare, but they fail to take action or learn new skills. I recommend that you begin by taking a time management class to help you organize your time wisely and become motivated to learn and improve various aspects of your life.
What is the purpose of Skillshare?
Creative, Technology, Business, and Lifestyle classes are divided into four categories on Skillshare. Skillshare has over 27,000 classes as of March 2021. There were 21,000 classes when I first joined the platform. But don’t be fooled by the figures. Although I believe that Skillshare provides limitless opportunities and that there are many high-quality classes with superstar teachers and great content available, I have also come across some low-quality courses. Remember that almost anyone can become a Skillshare teacher. Even though low-quality classes are frequently removed from the platform, you may come across one now and then. That is why, before enrolling in any class, I always recommend reading reviews from previous students.
But, let’s face it, you’re not going to need all 27,000 classes. Because I also have a business to run and a family to spend time with, I try to devote one hour per day to Skillshare. But believe me when I say that even one hour a day makes a huge difference. I can’t emphasize enough how much those new skills improved both my professional and personal lives.
Is Skillshare completely free?
Skillshare Premium membership is not available for free.
Are there any free classes on Skillshare?
Skillshare has two membership options: free and paid. To take classes, you must first become a member and create a (free or paid) account.
What Skillshare classes are available for free?
Yes, Skillshare is completely free to use. Click this link to browse free classes, or go to the Skillshare website and select the “free” category.
Free classes are beneficial for several reasons:
– There are over 2,000 free classes to choose from.
– The classes are typically of excellent quality. This is a Skillshare initiative, and the teachers are compensated.
Cons of a free Skillshare membership:
– You can only attend free classes.
– You cannot attend workshops as a free member.
– You can watch the discussions but not participate in them.
Free vs. Premium Skillshare
I love that Skillshare allows you to learn for free, but if you have the option to upgrade to a Premium membership, take advantage of it. Premium classes are of higher quality, and only about 10% of Skillshare’s classes are included in the free membership. Furthermore, the Premium subscription includes numerous benefits, such as access to workshops and live sessions.
What is the cost of Skillshare? Is it prohibitively expensive? Plans and costs
Cost of Skillshare Premium
Skillshare charges $32 per month for monthly membership and $168 for annual membership. You can get a 40% discount on an annual subscription right now.
Is it worth paying for Skillshare Premium? What are the advantages of paying for membership?
- The annual Skillshare subscription costs around $14 per month.
- Even if you decided to buy a monthly membership, it would only cost you $32 per month, which is a fantastic deal.
- You have unlimited access to all Skillshare classes with a Skillshare Premium membership.
- All courses, tutorials, and workshops are also available to you.
- You are welcome to join groups and participate in all discussions. Skillshare is a great place to ask questions, post projects, and share different ideas and experiences with like-minded people. This makes learning a lot easier and more enjoyable!
- Because you have access to thousands of classes, you may find yourself taking a course you never expected to enjoy. When I first joined Skillshare, for example, I wanted to improve my video editing, marketing, and productivity skills. However, I did not pay any extra money for cooking classes, relationship coaching, photography, or outsourcing. I’m grateful to Skillshare for encouraging me to broaden my horizons.
Free Skillshare trial
One-month free trial of Skillshare
Skillshare is currently running a promotion for new members. You can use the service for 30 days for free if you sign up for a free trial. After that, you can either pay $168 per year or $32 per month to continue your subscription, or cancel the trial and remain a free member. 3 days before the trial ends, Skillshare sends you an email.
If you’re still unsure whether or not you want to join Skillshare, I recommend starting with a free trial. Using this link, you can sign up for a free Skillshare trial and gain unlimited access to all Premium classes. Examine how Skillshare operates to see how fantastic it is. If you don’t like the platform for some reason, simply cancel your trial before it expires to avoid being charged. While supplies last, take advantage of this fantastic offer.
After a free trial, how much does Skillshare cost?
If you want to keep learning with Skillshare after the free trial, you can pay for an annual ($168 per year) or monthly ($32 per month) subscription.
What is the duration of the Skillshare free trial?
Skillshare offers a 30-day free trial. I believe there is sufficient time to explore the platform and enroll in a few excellent courses.
Is it possible to cancel Skillshare after the free trial period?
Absolutely. Your subscription can be canceled at any time. If you don’t want to be charged, you must cancel your membership before the trial period ends.
To get your free trial, go here.